Salesforce Pardot Integration: A Game-Changer for Your Business5 min read
Posted on July 06, 2023
INTRODUCTION TO SALESFORCE PARDOT INTEGRATION
Salesforce Pardot is a tool offered by Salesforce which enables streamlining sales and marketing efforts through lead generation and management, their nurturing and hence resulting in increased ROI. However, in order to achieve all of this, one must integrate the tool with Salesforce, the world’s leading CRM platform.
By integrating the Salesforce Pardot, businesses are able to close more deals and convert more customers than usual.
In this blog, we will look upon the meaning of Pardot integration, how it benefits your business, the steps involved in its integration and the common challenges you might face etc.
BENEFITS OF INTEGRATING SALESFORCE AND PARDOT
Integrating Salesforce and Pardot have numerous benefits to offer to a business.
● Integrating Salesforce Pardot can enable improved lead management through automating lead nurturing, recognizing lead behaviors, and lead prioritizing.
● Salesforce Pardot enables sales and marketing team to work together effectively by helping the marketing team provide real-time and potential leads to the sales team.
● Salesforce Pardot streamlines marketing campaigns by segregating the leads on the basis of behavior and customizing messages for different customers.
● Salesforce Pardot provides better customer insights through tracking their behaviors across different channels and touch points.
● By automating sales and marketing processes and providing deeper insights Pardot helps in increasing the ROI of the businesses.
UNDERSTANDING THE PARDOT-SALESFORCE CONNECTOR
Pardot-Salesforce connector enables sharing of data between the two platforms.
● The Pardot-Salesforce connector enables bidirectional syncing of data, i.e., changes made in Salesforce will automatically reflect in Pardot and vice=versa.
● The Pardot-Salesforce connector ensures that both the platforms have up-to-date information about leads through lead syncing.
● It allows businesses to share custom objects between the two platforms so that both can utilize those objects for enhanced sales and marketing operations.
● It allows campaign syncing enabling better tracking and reporting of campaigns.
● It also enables businesses to sync their activities in the two platforms allowing them to track customer activities across different channels.
STEPS TO INTEGRATE SALESFORCE AND PARDOT
The following steps need to be taken in order to integrate Pardot with Salesforce:
● The first step involves setting up your Salesforce and Pardot accounts by creating them if you do not already have one.
● Next, in the Pardot dashboard, go to the “Admin” tab and click on “Connectors”. Select “Salesforce” and enter your Salesforce login credentials.
● In the Pardot dashboard, go to the “Admin” tab and click on “Connectors”. Click on “Edit” next to the Salesforce connector and set up the syncing of data between the two systems.
● Set up your Salesforce and Pardot accounts to work together seamlessly by configuring settings such as lead scoring, assignment rules, and campaign tracking.
● Use Pardot’s automation features to automate marketing campaigns, lead nurturing, and lead scoring.
● Make sure your team is trained on how to use Salesforce and Pardot together effectively.
● Test your integration to make sure everything is working properly, and optimize your processes to improve efficiency and results.Bottom of Form
KEY METRICS TO TRACK IN SALESFORCE PARDOT INTEGRATION
To measure the success of the Salesforce-Pardot integration, one must follow these measures-
● Track the number of Marketing Qualified Leads generated by your marketing campaigns and how many of these are converted into Sales Qualified Leads.
● Monitor the lead scoring as in how many leads are converted and how they progress through buying journey.
● Monitor the sales pipeline as in how many opportunities are being created with your marketing campaigns and track their journey through the sales process.
● Track the number of conversions from your landing pages made with Pardot.
● Monitor the email engagement rates in Pardot, namely, open rates, click-through rates and unsubscribe rates.
COMMON CHALLENGES WITH SALESFORCE PARDOT INTEGRATION AND HOW TO OVERCOME THEM
There may be some challenges that a business might face during and after integration of Pardot with Salesforce-
● One may face data inconsistency between the two platforms which may lead to inaccurate predictions and decisions. To tackle this you should establish data governance.
● Integrating Salesforce and Pardot may lead to miscommunication between the sales and marketing teams and lost opportunities. You should establish clear lead conversion and communication process.
● Lead scoring can be difficult to understand and requires deep knowledge of your target audience. You should closely monitor lead scoring process and make adjustments as needed.
● Resistance to change is a common problem while introducing a new product or tool to an organization. You should train your team and provide them support to take them through this change smoothly.
FUTURE OF SALESFORCE PARDOT INTEGRATION: EMERGING TRENDS AND TECHNOLOGIES
Some emerging trends are as follows that may gain impact in the future-
● AI can be used to study and analyze the trends and procedures, and recommend adjustments or improvements to enhance the marketing and sales processes.
● Account-based marketing enables marketers to target specific accounts rather than individuals through their marketing campaigns.
● Salesforce Pardot can integrate with other technologies such as, chat-bots, social media marketing channels etc. so as to provide a more thorough view of customers’ preferences and interests.
● Salesforce Pardot enables targeting of customers through multi-channel marketing through knowing their interests and targeting them accordingly.
CONCLUSION: MAXIMIZING THE VALUE OF SALESFORCE PARDOT INTEGRATION
In conclusion, Salesforce Pardot can be a game changer for your business if implemented and integrated properly. Setting up of accounts, understanding the connector, following best practices, tackling the challenges you might face and believing in its future are some of the things that might lead to a successful implementation of Pardot.