Sales Cloud vs Service Cloud: Which is Right for Your Business?5 min read
Posted on July 06, 2023
INTRODUCTION: UNDERSTANDING SALESFORCE CLOUDS
Salesforce is one of the most known platforms for its services in Customer Relationship Management with dynamic features and has been proven to increase the ROI of businesses.
Salesforce offers a variety of products such as Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud, Marketing Cloud, etc. to cover almost all aspects of the operations in an organization.
Of its many products, Sales Cloud and Service Cloud are the two most popular products offered by Salesforce for managing sales operations and providing enhanced consumer experience to retain customer loyalty.
WHAT IS SALES CLOUD?
Sales Cloud is a cloud-based platform offered by Salesforce that provides features and functionality to manage sales operations efficiently. Here are some key features of Sales Cloud-
● Lead and opportunity management
● Sales forecasting and analytics
● Contact and account management
● Sales collaboration tools
● Sales performance management
● Sales automation and productivity tools
● Mobile sales management
● Integration with other Salesforce products
With analytics on the performance of the sales reps and prediction of future sales from studying last year’s sales and changes in trends and patterns, it helps businesses manage the data of their potential leads and keep them updated as per their changing status.
WHAT IS SERVICE CLOUD?
Service Cloud is also a cloud-based platform that comes in effect after the lead has been converted into a consumer. It offers variety of features to businesses to manage their customer service operations more efficiently.
Some of those main features are listed below-
● Case Management
● Knowledge Management
● Omni-channel Support
● AI Powered Service
● Field Service
Overall, Service Cloud helps businesses deliver exceptional customer services, and is suitable for businesses that need to manage large volumes of customer inquiries and provide omni-channel support across all channels.
KEY FEATURES OF SALES CLOUD
Some of the key features of Salesforce Sales Cloud that make it one of the most chosen platforms are listed below-
● Sales Cloud helps businesses capture and manage leads from different platforms like websites, social media, targeted ads, cold emails, etc.
● It provides tools to manage opportunities towards their journey of converting into closed deals.
● With various reports through analytics and dashboards of data collected, it helps businesses forecast sales for an upcoming period.
● Salesforce Sales Cloud offers a range of tools to increase the productivity of the staff of an organization through automation.
KEY FEATURES OF SERVICE CLOUD
Service Cloud provides extensive features for customer relationship management through enhanced customer service. Some of them are-
● Salesforce Service Cloud allows customer inquiries and issues in a centralized location in the form of separate cases and provides the service agents as well as customers with a virtual forum for all the resources related to their operations, policies, and procedures.
● It enables AI that studies the staff performance and operations of the organization to suggest changes or remove drawbacks.
● The Live Agent feature ensures a customer can seek support 24×7 by assigning a service agent on a real-time basis.
● It provides telephony integration to manage customer interactions through recording and storage.
SALES CLOUD V/S SERVICE CLOUD: WHICH IS RIGHT FOR YOUR BUSINESS?
Sales Cloud is primarily focused on helping businesses manage their sales processes more effectively. It offers a range of features and tools designed to help businesses capture leads, manage opportunities, forecast sales, and close deals. Sales Cloud is well-suited for businesses that need to manage complex sales processes and large volumes of leads and opportunities. Some examples of businesses that might benefit from Sales Cloud include:
● B2B companies with lengthy sales cycles
● Sales teams that need to collaborate and track deals
● Companies that need to manage multiple sales channels, such as web, phone, and in-person
● Businesses that need to track sales performance and forecast sales
Service Cloud, on the other hand, is primarily focused on helping businesses manage their customer service operations more effectively. It offers a range of features and tools designed to help businesses manage customer inquiries, provide personalized support, and improve customer satisfaction. Service Cloud is well-suited for businesses that need to manage large volumes of customer inquiries across multiple channels. Some examples of businesses that might benefit from Service Cloud include:
● B2C companies with large customer bases
● Companies that need to provide omnichannel support, such as email, phone, chat, and social media
● Businesses that need to automate customer service tasks and provide personalized service
● Companies with field service operations that need to manage and dispatch field technicians
CONCLUSION: MAKING THE RIGHT CHOICE
Salesforce Sales Cloud and Service Cloud are exclusive of each other in terms of features and serve different purposes altogether. While it is recommended to choose both to improve the overall experience of the customer, however, a business can choose between the two based on their needs and the benefits these two offers.